A small historical reference
Kretinga - center of Kretinga district government in Klaipeda County, located in north-west Lithuania, on the river Akmene. The first written mention - 1253. Hetman Jan Karol Chodkiewicz founded here in 1603 Bernardine monastery, built in the years 1610-1617 Church. In 1652 in Krettingene wooden church was built.
In 1609, Hetman Jan Karol Chodkiewicz founded near the village of Kretinga town called Karolshtadt and gave him the Magdeburg Law. In 1882, the first telephone line Kretinga Lithuania - Plunge - Rietavas joined the estate of Count Tyszkiewicz, Count Zubov and Prince Oginski.
Sights - Franciscan monastery, chapel, Tyszkiewicz Palace, the Winter Gardens, which collected a huge number of unusual plants, flowers and trees.