A small historical reference
Byaroza - center Berezovsky district, Brest region, located in the south-west of the country, on the river Yaselda. Date of the first written mention - 1477. At the end of the XV century it became a trading town, the city received a charter and the right to hold weekly fairs. Between 1538 and 1600 - a major center of Calvinism.
In 1871, near the town was laid railway Warsaw - Moscow, connecting the city with the neighboring major cities of Brest-Litovsk and Smolensk. In 1878 the town had seven streets and about 200 homes. The population of the town and surrounding area was about 5 000 people. The city acted Catholic Church, the Orthodox Church and some Jewish synagogues. The town was part of the so-called "Pale of Settlement" and was inhabited by Jews resettled from other parts of the Russian Empire. In the early 30-ies of the XX century they accounted for 53% of the city population.