Author
Old photos of Dubossary (Tombasar)
Flag of Dubossary

Countries of World | Cities of Moldova

History of city Dubossary (Tombasar) in photos

A small historical reference

Dubassary - Center Dubasary district of Transdniestria, located in the east of Moldova, on the left bank of the Dniester River. Date of establishment - XIV-XV century. The first records date back to the Mongol invasion - 1260-1360 years. Earlier names - Dnestrovsk, New Dubossary, Tombasar. On the map of the Commonwealth (1667) in place of Dubossary marked walled city Tatar-Anefkan, the site of the surrounding villages - walled city Yagorlik (Kaynarda), walled city Tatar-Kainar, city Dubrelary, village Tatar-Cuban, burnt in 1768 year and Dubossary reservoir flooded during the construction of hydroelectric power station (HPP).

Interesting fact - in the second quarantine farm born Nikolai Vasilevich Sklifosofskiy, surgeon XIX-th century, the organizer of the health of the Russian Empire.

Dubossary. Demonstration May 1, 1975
Demonstration May 1, 1975
Dubossary. Kindergarten Golden Key, 1953
Kindergarten "Golden Key", 1953
Dubossary. Culture house of builders HPP
Culture house of builders HPP
Dubossary. House of Culture
House of Culture
Dubossary. Cafe
Cafe "Youth", shops "Cooking" and "Technique"
Dubossary. Cinema
Cinema "Iskra", circa 1980th
Dubossary. Before the war, in the basement of the building was a smithy
Before the war, in the basement of the building was a smithy
Dubossary. Shop Children's World and the station square, 1975
Shop "Children's World" and the station square, 1975
Dubossary. Shop Children's World on Dzerzhinsky Street, circa 1980
Shop "Children's World" on Dzerzhinsky Street, circa 1980
Dubossary. Panorama of city
Panorama of city
Dubossary. Soviet Area, 1979
Soviet Area, 1979
Dubossary. Border outpost, 1924
Border outpost, 1924
Dubossary. Department store
Department store
Dubossary. Since 1929, in the building was located a bakery, in the 80 years carpet department
Since 1929, in the building was located a bakery, in the 80 years carpet department
Dubossary. Middle School №2, 1956
Middle School №2, 1956
Dubossary. Construction of the Dubossary HPP, 1952
Construction of the Dubossary HPP, 1952
Dubossary. Sound recording studio
Sound recording studio
Dubossary. Dzerzhinsky Street, circa 1970
Dzerzhinsky Street, circa 1970
Dubossary. Oktyabrskaya Street (former Stalin), 1956
Oktyabrskaya Street (former Stalin), 1956
Dubossary. View of the city park and the Dubossary HPP, 1976
View of the city park and the Dubossary HPP, 1976
Dubossary. Yuri Nikulin and Peter Chizhakovsky, 1986
Yuri Nikulin and Peter Chizhakovsky, 1986
Dubossary. Confectionery shop, 1979
Confectionery shop of building consumer union, before the war - Ukrainian School, 1979
Dubossary. the Building of frontier post
From 1918 to 1940 - the Building of frontier post, after the war - police
Dubossary. Since 1944 - the Building of the military enlistment office
Since 1944 - the Building of the military enlistment office, the Building construction of 18-19 centuries

Countries of World | Cities of Moldova

Robinson Rd, CB 13862 Nassau, NP, The Bahamas
Flag Counter