A small historical reference
Balti - the second largest city in Moldova after Chisinau (bears the unofficial title of "the Northern Capital"), located on the north of the country, at the confluence of the river Raut river Reutsel. The first written mention - 1421. City is conveniently located at the intersection of the main roads that svyazyvavali Chernivtsi, Hawtin, forty Chisinau, Bender, Ackermann, Ishmael, the city eventually became a major trading center of Bessarabia.
Attractions - cathedral of Saint Nicholas (1795), church of the Nativity of the Virgin (1884), cathedral of Saints Constantine and Helen (1935), church of St. Gregory the Illuminator in Armenia (1916), the diocesan administration building (1934), church of St. Venerable Paraskeva (1934).