A small historical reference
Pasvalys - center of Pasvalys district, county and city Pasvalys starostvo (syanyunii), located in the north of Lithuania, Panevezhys County, the river fell into the place of its confluence with the river Levu. The first written mention - 1497. Previous name - Posvol.
Near the town flows another river wide enough - Musha, to spawn in saltwater fish that comes, the north-western district of the city, even standing on its banks. The city center has the status of a monument of the city. In the city there is a church of St. John the Baptist (1787) with the bell tower of the XVIII century. In 1557 the city was signed Posvolsky agreement precipitated the start of Ivan the Terrible in the Livonian War.
The city has no rail link, but before he passed through a narrow gauge railway, the movement of which was discontinued in the late last century. However, the station building survived, as well as the name of the two streets (in Russian can be translated as "Vokzalnaya" and "Zheleznodoronikov"). In some places, the city itself is also preserved railway track.