A small historical reference
Kybartai - city in Vilkaviskis district Marijampole Lithuania, located in the south-west of the country, on the border with the Kaliningrad region of Russia, on the right bank of the river Lepont, which forms the border. The first written mention - 1561. In 1856, the townsmen, located near the customs post Verzhbolovo received city status. The railway station, built around Kybartai, was called by name Verzhbolovo neighboring town Verzhbolovo (station Verzhbolovo).
Sights - The Church of St. Alexander Nevsky (1870), Church (1928), high school name Donelaitis.