A small historical reference
Kalvarija - town in Marijampole county, Kalvarija government center, located in the south of Lithuania, on the river Sesupe, near the border with Poland.
In the years 1633-1649 Zhyamogitian bishop was George Tyszkiewicz (Jurgis Tishkyavichus). Bishop conceived to bring Palestine to his shrine church diocese - lay Station Passion path near the town of Gardanne. In 1639 he received from the pope the privilege to build 6 hours. The bishop himself went around all the hills, marks the place where going to build a chapel, a corresponding Way of the Cross counted the number of steps up from the stations of habitats, walking along the paths, emptied the land, specially brought from Jerusalem.
On the money Tyszkiewicz built on a hill 19 wooden chapels (one of them - two habitats), gave the monastery a small particle of the Holy Cross. Then, he obtained permission of Pope Urban VIII write prayers and hymns (probably in Lithuanian or Zhyamogitian language), who still sing the people, bypassing the hills Calvary. By creating Calvary, the Bishop, in 1642, renamed the town of Gardanne in the New Jerusalem (now - Kalwaria).