A small historical reference
Ventspils - the port city of republican subordination, located in the northwest of Latvia, on the Baltic coast near the mouth of the river Venta. Date of establishment - August 8, 1290. The heyday of the city began when the mouth of the river was laid Vindava largest shipyard, which contributed to the construction of weapons workshops, blast furnace, saltpeter and brick factories, as profits from the export of agricultural products (cereals and flax) was spent on the construction of factories and manufactories.
Attractions - Castle of the Livonian Order, Lutheran Church middle of the XIX century, the Blue Flag beach (Blue Flag - an international award given annually to beaches and piers, where the water meets high quality standards and is suitable for safe swimming).