A small historical reference
Cesvaine - a city in the province Cesvaine Latvia, located in the north-east of the country, on the river Sula. In 1209 Cesvaine, together with other lands of central Latvia entered the Livonian bishopric. In 1211 the bishopric was divided, and Cesvaine ceded to the Order of the Sword. In 1213, the city was once again returned to the bishop. In 1420 a wooden fortress in Cesvaine was rebuilt on a stone. By the end of the XVI century, the city had a total of 18 houses.
During the Livonian War, Russian forces took the city and destroyed it. After the war, in 1582, Cesvaine ceded to the Commonwealth. In 1656 Russian troops recaptured the city and completely destroyed it. The new urban settlement was formed here only after the purchase of land around Cesvaine Baron Wolf, at the beginning of the XIX century.