A small historical reference
Bulduri - a part of the Riga beach and stopping point of Jurmala, located 20 km from Riga, the holiday village. The station serves the cottagers and residents. The station opened in 1877, called by the name of the owner of the estate Johanna Buldrinka (Bulderinga) was called Bilderlingskhof. Since 1919 it called Bulduri.
This is one of the first suburban area of Riga seaside - its construction started in 40-ies of the XIX century. In 1875, it was built for about 400 cottages. In 1910, the former estate of Bulduri was founded the first school of horticulture in Latvia. On the territory of today's horticultural college is also Bulduri Dendrological Park.