A small historical reference (Wiki)
Geography: Narva-Jõesuu - is a town in Ida-Viru County, in north-eastern Estonia.
Date of foundation:
History: The settlement probably arose in the 14th century, then part of the Duchy of Estonia, a dominion of the Livonian Order within Terra Mariana from 1346. It was first documented in a 1503 deed issued by Master of the Order Wolter von Plettenberg. It was the site of an outer harbour of the City of Narva from the 16th century, containing several timber stockyards, sawmills, and a small shipbuilding industry.
The German name Hungerburg allegedly goes back to the Russian emperor Peter the Great, who during the 1704 Battle of Narva noticed the great poverty of the rural population. The Narva-Jõesuu Lighthouse was erected in 1808.
Economy: 2 630