A small historical reference
Kobrin - center of Kobrin district of Brest Region, located in the south-west of the country, on the banks of the river Mukhavets, at the confluence with the Dnieper-Bug Canal. Date of establishment and the first written mention - 1287. Previously, the name - Kobrin'. In 1589 the city received Magdeburg Law.
Historical and religious sites - the manor house (1790), Spassky Monastery (the second half of the XVIII century), a monument in honor of the first major victory of the Russian army over Napoleon, July 27, 1812, the name of Suvorov Park (1768), Alexander Nevsky Cathedral (1864-1868), Peter and Paul church (1465), church of the Assumption (1843), church of St. Nicholas (1750), St. George's church (1889), the former prison Kobrin (1821), the former synagogue Kobrin (XVIII century), the gymnasium named Mary Rodzevich (1910).