A small historical reference
Hrodna - the center of the Grodno region, located on the west of the country, on the border with Poland and Lithuania, on the banks of the Neman River. Date of establishment and the first written mention - 1127. Previously, the name - Goroden, Gorodno, Gorodnya. He received the Magdeburg Law in 1496.
Sights - The Old Castle (end of XI century), the personal residence of the Stefan Batory Foundation; Boris and Gleb (Kalozha) church, one of the structures of the pre-Mongol period; Lutheran church beginning of the XIX century; Nativity of the Mother of God Monastery, built in 1720; catholic church of St. Francis Xavier - the cathedral of the Catholic diocese of Grodno; New Castle, built in the years 1734-1751 as a summer residence of Polish kings and the Grand Dukes of Lithuania.