A small historical reference
Brest - the center of Brest region and Brest district, located in the south-west of the country, at the confluence of rivers Mukhavets and the Western Bug, at the state border with Poland. Date of establishment and the first written mention - 1019. In the XII century by King Casimir the Just a wooden castle was built as a place of parking and collection of trade caravans with their trading fees (myta) for the transportation of goods. In 1390 Berestye first Belarusian cities received self-government based on the Magdeburg Law.
Historical and religious buildings - St. Nicholas Garrison Cathedral (1856-1879), the railway station (1886), St. Nicholas fraternal Church (1904-1906), St. Simeon Cathedral (1865-1868), Holy Cross Church (1856). To the north of the city - the famous National Park "Bialowieza Forest".